Deciding unit size on deployment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Deciding unit size on deployment

I have something that hasn't come up before but I'm curious what peoples take on it would be. Say on my army list I bring a large block of one bulk troupe type. 30 Glade Guard or 30 Skinks or something to that affect. I fully intend to split them but can I have the tactical ability to do so on deployment. Meaning based on the lay of the land make them 2 units of 15 as opposed to 3 units of 10? What if I have them listed as 3 units of 10 and would prefer on deployment turn them into 2 15's? Obviously any command purchased would have to be adhered to but not necessarily the troupes under that command.

Is that brazenly in the face of the rules? Something you just have to talk about with your opponent? Just curious what peoples takes on this are.

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

It is definitely against the rules. But if you wanted to do it in friendly games, you could discuss it with your opponents.

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread