Skirmishers & Characters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skirmishers & Characters

Well this is the problem:

1) I think it's correct to do this> if character joins the unit of skirmishers, he can be placed anywhere in that unit. So that means he can stay back in the unit, and if he is few inches short, he can't charge and he is automatically placed in the second rank.

2) If you wish to shoot at character within a unit of skirmishers, is it possible if the character is in the back of the unit? Also, does the character in the unit of skirmishers receive a ,,Look out sir'' rule?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

For your first question you are right, he can be placed anywhere inside the unit, but if he the unit charges and he can't make it into combat then he goes to the second rank, and he counts as a normal rank and file soldier, meaning he can't accept challenges, use magic or magic items until he can get to the front rank.

Your second question confused me a bit, a character can never be targeted in a unit, unless the unit is less than 5 rank and file model, then hits are distributed equally among the unit, so if you have 5 skirmishers in a unit with a character, and you get shot, there is no way the character can be hit. Now for look out sir yes he gets a roll if a cannon ball comes his way or another template weapon does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, thats exactly what I wanted to know.
    Thank you very much.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Going to have to disagree with the previous answers, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Well this is the problem:

1) I think it's correct to do this> if character joins the unit of skirmishers, he can be placed anywhere in that unit. So that means he can stay back in the unit, and if he is few inches short, he can't charge and he is automatically placed in the second rank.
    Any skirmish unit that charges will form up as you say. But if any character or champ is in the unit and didn't make it into combat, they are immediately moved to the front rank, replacing a normal model that is moved to the back. It is on page 65 of the BRB, last paragraph.

2) If you wish to shoot at character within a unit of skirmishers, is it possible if the character is in the back of the unit? Also, does the character in the unit of skirmishers receive a ,,Look out sir'' rule?
    The unit has no "back" so to speak. If you have a weapon that allows you to pick out models, or a spell for example, then yes you can pick out the character no matter where he is in the unit. He does get a look out sir roll if one is allowed for that attack. Normal shots are not allocated to the character if there are more than 4 other rank and file models. If there aren't that many, then shots are randomised and some may hit him, and in that case he doesn't get a look out sir roll.
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BustaCaps View Post
    Now for look out sir yes he gets a roll if a cannon ball comes his way or another template weapon does

I'm not disagreeing with this but I should like to point out that while it IS legal to target a character with a cannon it is also exceedingly ill-mannered to do so. Unless maybe, you're a Skaven player in which case it's to be expected.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with this but I should like to point out that while it IS legal to target a character with a cannon it is also exceedingly ill-mannered to do so. Unless maybe, you're a Skaven player in which case it's to be expected.
    Really? Why in the world is it ill mannered to try and kill the high points competition? Do you not target the characters in close combat also?

-L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by entorin View Post
    Really? Why in the world is it ill mannered to try and kill the high points competition? Do you not target the characters in close combat also?

-L
    It's a matter of Gentlemanly Good Conduct. Defeating an opponent at swordplay or fisticuffs is the mark of a distinguished and clearly noble soldier. Having the riff-raff spatter them across the countryside with the world's biggest hunting rifle is just a poor show.

I'm detecting a distinct whiff of damp fur and whiskers from you, sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Paint Monkey: so if it is a mage in CC would you target him ? since they don't have a skill to fight back that would be ill mannered?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarus View Post
    The Paint Monkey: so if it is a mage in CC would you target him ? since they don't have a skill to fight back that would be ill mannered?
    Thats not the point. What TPM is trying to explain is the same as the example with intentionally over-guessing. Its just not good sport.
    Its a game, where you try and have a few good times. No one wants to see his hero destroyed on such a move. Legal or not. Hope you get where im going?

Anyway, its going a bit off-topic, so lets get back on the track

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarus View Post
    Oh, absolutely. He may be able to conjure lightning, or move hills, or fire fireballs from his eyes but that's nothing compared with the Gentlemanly ability to make a dozen knife sized holes in a wizard.

Really, he should probably just do the sporting thing and surrender.

+ Reply to Thread