Double charged failed first terror - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double charged failed first terror

So the scenario is that his hydra charges my marauder horsemen(fast calv) which is declared before the blackguard charge also on them. The horsemen failed the terror test from the hydra and fled outside the distance of the charge from them(10 inches).

hydra = brown, blackguard = purple, horsemen = red

Would my horsemen turn while fleeing into the blackguard and die and if so what would happen with the blackguard - charge full? failed charge half? no charge? and which direction would they go.

Would my horsemen not hit his blackguard and a subsequent charge would happen which I would have to flee from.

Last edited by kyuzo; November 8th, 2009 at 22:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

It is important to remeber that all charges should be decared before any charge reactions are declared. It is a but unclear by your wording if this what happened.

In either case, failing a Terror, your charge reaction immediatly switchs to Flee, and you flee directly away from the Terror causing unit. By your picture it can't be determined if the horsemen would run past the black guard, but if they cliped the unit they would be automatically destoryed (assuming the blackguard are atleast unit strength 5). To flee them you rotate the unit around its center, and run them away from the Hydra, which might cause them to hit the blackguard. After fleeing, if the Hydra could not make it to the horsemen by charge distance, he fails his charge and only moves half his charge distance. And from where the horsemen now sit (10 inches away) the blackguard can try to measure a way to get into combat, but if they are unable to find such a way, they also have a failed charge and must move their failed charge distance towards the horsemen (will have to do some wheeling first).

I should add that if the horsemen clip the blackguard when they turn to flee, the blackguard will have a successful charge and move their full distance foward, but the hydra will still have a failed charge.
    Last edited by tbeckett; November 8th, 2009 at 23:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by tbeckett View Post
    To flee them you rotate the unit around its center, and run them away from the Hydra, which might cause them to hit the blackguard.
    But horsemen are fast cavalry, they don't need to (they can flee in a nice line).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But horsemen are fast cavalry, they don't need to (they can flee in a nice line).
    That is also what we were thinking, but we did not really see anywhere that confirms this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I can't seem to find anything to say they do not have to rotate if they are fleeing because of a terror/fear check. The feigned flight rule only applies if the unit of fast cavalry chooses to flee as a charge reaction, and in this case they failed a terror check and didn't choose to flee.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tbeckett View Post
    To flee them you rotate the unit around its center
    No you don't. You rotate each model individually as in a turn maneuver (check out the last section on page 40 of the BRB ). Of course for practicality, it is usually easier just to pick them up and rotate them around the centre, but this isn't what is happening in gaming terms. So ignore anything you hit in this instance. Doing this will never cause a unit to "hit" another unit. Then you move them directly away from the hydra. If they run into an enemy unit of strength 5 or more, they die. If not, move them there total flee distance.

SirKently
    Last edited by sirkently; November 9th, 2009 at 23:54.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Maybe I am reading the Flee charge reaction wrong, on page 19
    "Fleeing is done by first pivoting the units on the spot (around their center) to face directly away from the charging enemy and then moving directly away..."

when it says units does it really mean models? Maybe I am getting confused because it says pivot the unit on the spot and not the indicidual model.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Looks like I was looking in the wrong spot. This is one of those 3% that we don't worry about. Looks like you could be destroyed this way. Have to remember that.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread