Fast Calvary ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast Calvary ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fast Calvary ?

Hi all quick question about Fast Calvary!!!

1) I see games where they just measure 18" for Dark Riders and move them. I thought that all they had was free reform, not free wheeling/turning (dont remember correct term) Please help me!

Armies: 40k: Imperial Guard, Orks Fantasy: Skaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is free reforming. Measure the distance from the furthest guy back in the unit and move them. Same thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

kyuzo has it right. Fast cav only really need to wheel when they are charging. Free reforms take care of the rest. The free reforms are usually rotating on the spot so so its just quicker to measure the max distance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Moving from file to line and line to file has to be done carefully, but generally - yeah you measure from the furthest model back and realign.

If moving from line to file where both are in the same direction (e.g.To move through a narrow gap), use the middle model, and arrange all other models behind it to form the line. If moving from file to line (in preparation for a charge...or to fire missile weapons etc), move the rear model the full distance it can move and arrange the other models around it, then making sure that the std, unit leader etc are in the right place.

If the file is pivoted to form a line (e.g. to flank charge someone by exploiting a gap in their line) this is also done using the rear-most model, as this model will have to move the furthest.

More complex options require a bit more creativity, but the general rule is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Calvary, that's where Christ was crucified. Not sure on the rules for that.

Fast cavalry are great. Technically, no model can move more than 18" (or whatever their double movement is). Measuring from the last guy doesn't always work, in the strictest sense of the rules, but most gamers I know aren't that uptight about it.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

i dont know why, i let my foes bend alot of rules but when someone tries to move further than allowed my eyes go red and steam comes from my nostrils.

im trying pretty hard here, i cannot think of a situation where measuring from last would not work... nope.. still cant
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread