2 ruling questions Skaven vS Daemons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 ruling questions Skaven vS Daemons

ok i have had two questions pop up this week oddly while playtesting against some new skaven lists with my new daemon lists...

Miasma of Pestilence...
    Here's the situation... I have miasma of pestilence(all models in base with the herald are reduced to Ws1/S1/T1/I1/A1) active on my herald of nurgle which is in combat with a unit of plague monks. I use gleen magic on my lord of change and take the spell from the skaven lore that gives a unit -1 toughness for the rest of the game, and successfully blast it onto the unit in combat with the heralds unit. thus i hve two questions alone from this instance...
    Do the Monks in base with my herald automatically die from losing the additional toughness from the spell? and if so, when models from the rest of the unit fill in the empty spots do they also die? and i guess if that does happen, would this continue until only the models in the front rank ( basically a 7-10 split) remain or do they have to refill also to proper positioning?

that one was kinda lengthy... and complicated i think...

Are special characters allowed in the Grand Tournament? cause i just finished painting a badass Skulltaker model and i'd hate for him not to see play should i make it to such a esteemed arena.

My Soon2B DoC list below...Wip thread in the works
    http://tiny.cc/DoC2250

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

1) The models in base contact with your herald would go to 0 toughness and be removed as casualties. Models from the back ranks move foward to take the place of the fallen comrades. The skaven wither spell affects them before they are in base contact with your herald, so when they move up they are simply reduced to 1 toughness. In summay, only the models in base contact with the herald when the Wither spell was cast will die.

2) I found the rules for the 2008 tourny, unless it has changed, you should be fine. "Special Characters are permitted, subject to the normal restrictions for that character in the Army Book."
    2008 Grand Tournament Info: Page 4 | 2008 Grand Tournament Coverage | Community and Events | Community And Events | Games Workshop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you very much for that, me and my skaven buddy could not decide what was the answer to this stigmata. Glad I was right... i didn't want him not to pull that spell against me anymore with his new skaven lol...

but since there is actually someone up this early could you possibly answer one more thing i forget to ask that i meant too?

if slime trail is activated by me being flanked by say a unit strength 5 monster, i know it means they dont get the +1/+2 but does that also mean they don't negate my rank bonus? I figured that was part of the flank charge bonus but I was told I was wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I'm not sure what this slime trail thing is, what unit/where does it come from?
    But I do know that the +1/+2 for flank and rear charge is a seperate thing and is listed under a different heading from the negating rank bonus because of being flanked/rear charged. If the slime trail rule just says it makes them not gain +1/+2 for flank/rear then they probably still negate rank bonuses, but if it says something like they don't count as flanking/rearcharging or they lose the benifits of flanking/rear charging, then they probably don't negate the rank bonuses.
    If you let me know the wording of the slime trail rule or which book/where I can find it then I should be able to give a clear answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

slime trail says an enemy unit does not get the combat res bonus for flank or rear. So they don't get the +1/+2 but they would still negate rank bonuses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Miasma

That Miasma spell just sounds plain nasty. What does it work against? All models or is it just infantry etc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Miasma is the level 1 daemon nurgle spell, cast on a 3+ all models in base contact with the herald who cast it are at WS,S,T,I,A of 1 until the start of the herald's next magic phase.

Good old daemon magic

The skaven spell is any unit within 12", they reduce their toughness by -1 for the rest of the game. 8+ to cast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeh pedro was right on the wording, so that answers my question ^.^ ty very much all.

and yes miasma is nasty when combined with the Noxious Vapors making everything swing last when hes on a palanquin... anyways...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

I'm not well versed in Fantasy yet, but reading the effect of the spells, I don't think the monks would die.

Quote Originally Posted by tbeckett View Post
    Miasma is the level 1 daemon nurgle spell, cast on a 3+ all models in base contact with the herald who cast it are at WS,S,T,I,A of 1 until the start of the herald's next magic phase.
    The spell states that models in contact have their values set at 1 until the next herald's magic phase. Seeing as this is a magical effect, I don't think it can be altered. Regardless of what other spells are cast on the unit, the miasma states they are at T 1 still.

Does that make sense?

If they were to be T 1 - 1, well, thats not T 1 which is defying the effect of the miasma.

Feel free to disagree, but that would be my position!
    ~ Rape the churches and burn the women!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

The exact wording for miasma is "reduce their WS, S, T, I and A to 1" (not set it to 1), and wither is toughness "reduced by -1"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast