Multiple charges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    San Jose
    15 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Multiple charges

Hi, I'm new to Fantasy and have a question about charges. There was another similar question to mine here, but that thread was from 2006 so not sure if it's current anymore.

Anyways, unit A overrruns into my unit X from a previous battle. On my turn, I then charge his unit A with my units Y and Z. In terms of who attacks who, is this the way it works?

Units Y and Z attacks A first.
    Then A gets to attack X if there are still any members left who can attack.

Also, let's say A has a 3 ranks of 5 (3x5). If Y kills 3 and Z also kills 3 on the charge, how many in A can still attack X?

Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

2. Remove Advertisements

LO Zealot
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

In your combat, A, Y, and Z all count as having charged. In the case of multiple chargers, the unit with the highest initiative strikes first, and then you go down the line. Then unit X will attack last. So if the enemy unit A had a higher initiative than Y and Z, it would still strike before you.

Also, units A, Y, and Z would all have their charge bonuses from things like lances and so forth... this would count even if A attacked units Y or Z.

** note that this does not take into account any special rules like impact hits from chariots, always strike first, etc.

For your second part, lets assume Y and Z have a higher initiative than A and strike before it. Who gets to attack out of A after casualties depends on the alignment of the attackers.

For example, if Y and Z flanked A in the counter charges, it could very well look like this:

In which case, the 3 on each flank would be killed leaving the middle three "A" models to strike at unit X.

If they charged unit A in the front and killed 6, then nobody would be left to swing at X (or anyone else).

+ Reply to Thread