Rerolling Rerolls: Exception?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Rerolling Rerolls: Exception??

I was playing a game of HE vs. DE yesterday and ran into a strange problem. The Dark Elf 'Hatred' allows them to reroll failed "to hit" rolls. However, my High Elf item forced the opponent to reroll successful hits. We aren't sure that we figured this one out.

We decided via dice that it should go to my suggestion: playing it so that the darkelf had to pick up all the dice (Hits and Misses) and reroll them. This causes the two items to cancel eachother out however.

He suggested that we do it in 2 phases however:
    Reroll SUCCESSFUL hits first, via the pendant
    then reroll ALL generated fails together for Hatred.

I disagreed with his method for 2 reasons- First, it would be in his benefit to play it that way or in my benefit to flip the order of rolls, and Second, it would cause us to reroll a reroll.

How would you have done it??

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

i think your way does not only make sense, its the only way you can interpret it.

it doesnt make sense to do one kind of reroll first and another later, what was his reasoning behind this???

whatever you choose to do, you must allways obey the rule that rerolls may not be re-rolled

Anyway, if you use both abilities, you end up rolling to hit and then re roll all dice, did he mention why he didnt like this way?
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

You did it correctly. Basically the first rolls don't mean anything. All dice are rerolled and the second roll stands.

This is actually addressed specifically in the wood elf FAQ for daith's reaper. So if he needs confirmation, have him check it out.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Sirkently- thank you for the help. I just read the Daith's Reaper faq and it does make sense. You would think that they would have an FAQ for the BRB itself, to cover catch-alls like that.

Digger- had we done it his way, he would have still benefited from Hatred. If he rerolled successful hits and they turned into misses, he would then have a chance to reroll ALL the dice back into successful hits.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Alternativley you can agree with your opponent to not re-roll anything and accept the initial result. The end is the same a re-rolling everything and most players thoroughly dislike the tedium of re-rolling every dice, so will usually agree to this.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You only get to reroll a dice once... so if it was a hit, that's rerolled. Same with a miss. Neither can be rerolled a second time, so basically you roll the dice once and that's it. The two powers cancel each other out.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread