Impact Hits, Plague Furnace, etc. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact Hits, Plague Furnace, etc.

This is a basic question which I SHOULD know the answer to, but wanted to get clarification (maybe in desperation of trying to save my Wild Riders).

Impact hits take place before regular combat. The plague furnace huge censer-thing takes place before even impact hits per the new Skaven book.

So, let's say I charge his plague furnace. Is really true that his cloud of death goes first, everyone in contact takes a toughness roll. All the casualties are removed before I even get to roll to hit...?

It seemed like such a good charge. 6 Wild Riders head on into the unit. All but one missed their Toughness roll... very disappointing.

So, yes? I remove casualties and THEN look at who is still in the combat before I roll to hit? So, in my example, despite 6 Wild Riders charging, I only roll 1 Rider because the others died before they get to attack?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kikker View Post
    This is a basic question which I SHOULD know the answer to, but wanted to get clarification (maybe in desperation of trying to save my Wild Riders).

Impact hits take place before regular combat. The plague furnace huge censer-thing takes place before even impact hits per the new Skaven book.

So, let's say I charge his plague furnace. Is really true that his cloud of death goes first, everyone in contact takes a toughness roll. All the casualties are removed before I even get to roll to hit...?

It seemed like such a good charge. 6 Wild Riders head on into the unit. All but one missed their Toughness roll... very disappointing.

So, yes? I remove casualties and THEN look at who is still in the combat before I roll to hit? So, in my example, despite 6 Wild Riders charging, I only roll 1 Rider because the others died before they get to attack?

Aye that is correct - which is why you must flank charge a plague-furnace toting unit (think of it as you succumbing to the fumes before you actually hit the enemy)

+ Reply to Thread