End of Combat Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

End of Combat Question

I have a question that my buddy and I couldn't find a specific rule for. Basically, two situations came up at the end of combat and only one unit was still alive, and we didn't know what the remaining unit got to do.

Situation 1: He charged me, I won the combat and whiped him out entirely. What does my unit get to do? Do I just sit there, do I get a pursuit move, even thought I didn't charge?

Situation 2: We had units locked in combat for a few rounds. After one final round, my unit killed off all his remaining models. What does my unit get to do? Do I get a free redress, or pursuit or anything?

These are basically the same situation, but we could only find rules if the unit charging won combat, or the other unit was actually fleeing. We could not find anything in the book for the above situations.

Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Situation 1: He charged me, I won the combat and whiped him out entirely. What does my unit get to do? Do I just sit there, do I get a pursuit move, even thought I didn't charge?
    You get to sit there, celebrate, and look pretty.
    Situation 2: We had units locked in combat for a few rounds. After one final round, my unit killed off all his remaining models. What does my unit get to do? Do I get a free redress, or pursuit or anything?
    You get to sit there, celebrate, and look pretty.
    Sorry but that is it. I am actually hoping they change the rules around this area in the next edition.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah OK, so it's one of those things where if there is no rule, then you do nothing.
    Thanks
    Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

In the first situation your unit has held the line and managed to wipe out the enemy without moving foward, a bit like 'that scene' with the elves at the start of Lord of the Rings.

Arguably there should be scope for your unit to advance foward taking into account driving off, persuing and wiping out your enemy.

In the second situation you have only wiped out your opponent after a long hard slog so it is quite appropriate that you don't get a chance to move forward.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I liked how overrun was handled in 7th ed. It made sense to me that a charging unit could overrun, momentum and all. But a unit that took the charge lacks that momentum.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

True but a combat isn't necessarily static either. Moving foward after wiping out an enemy might represent how the combat has sprawled out across the battlefield.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread