Mounted Characters in Units - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounted Characters in Units

Okies, so I couldn't find anything on this in the rules, nor on the boards, I'd poke around on here for an answer.
    Can a character on a 'cavalry' mount (Horse, Cold One, etc) join a unit that isn't on the same sort of base? Specifically, I'm thinking of 20mm infantry. Assuming that they can join the unit (I'm pretty sure they can, so long as they're not on multi-wound mounts, and since the Lizzies have all sorts of mixed units), do you just have a slightly lumpy-flanked unit resulting in this, or is there some other formation you're supposed to maintain. Lastly, would the attached character still get their +1 Save when hanging out with infantry for being mounted?

WFB: Dark Elves; Tomb Kings; and Orcs (oh my!)
    40k: Tyranids (2nd ed)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

'Lumpy' units are fine.

A model's armour save is not conditional on what models are around him - if you fulfil the criteria in the rulebook for a particular bonus, you get it.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu_fred View Post
    Assuming that they can join the unit (I'm pretty sure they can, so long as they're not on multi-wound mounts, and since the Lizzies have all sorts of mixed units)
    Nothing wrong with multiwound mounts in units either. The only restriction is flyers can't join units and some models that say they have to be fielded by themselves. For instance, lizardmen chiefs on stegadons, Wood elf nobles on great stags, both can join units.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, in which case, I'll have to look into that for some of my more exotic mounts; thankee both!
    WFB: Dark Elves; Tomb Kings; and Orcs (oh my!)
    40k: Tyranids (2nd ed)

+ Reply to Thread