Hammer of Sigmar Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hammer of Sigmar Question

One quick question regarding rules from the Empire Rulebook versus the Empire Errata (posted on GW website, i assume its the most up-to-date).

A question from the Empire Errata reads,
    "Q. If the Hammer of Sigmar is cast upon a Wizard or a model with a missile weapons, does it allow re-rolls of failed hit/wound from spells and/or shooting?
    A. Yes. The Hammer of Sigmar does NOT limit the rerolls to attacks in close combat."

This wording seems to imply that Hammer of Sigmar can be cast on other units, however the wording of the spell itself from the Empire Rulebook says, "Hammer of Sigmar: The model can reroll failed rolls to hit and would. Remains in play."
    It seems pretty clear to me that it is only intended in the rulebook to be a self buff, not to mention there is no given range. Seems silly on GW's part to go through the trouble to say that Hammer of Sigmar can be applied to shooting and spells as well as close combat, because the Arch Lector would have to cancel Hammer of Sigmar (remains-in-play) to cast any other spell.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Read the prayers of sigmar section on the left side of the page. They can indeed be cast on others.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow i never noticed that. Any character within 12", thats really cool. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread