Need some pursuit clarification please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some pursuit clarification please

Hi, some friends and I are recently back from a long warhammer hiatus...we are now in the newest rules edition and collectively are uncertain about the finer points of pursuit.

The "BRB's" wording suggests that fleeing units failing to out run their pursuers are removed prior to pursuit movement...so does this mean if you roll higher then your defeated opponent you move nowhere and instead just remove the defeated unit from where it stands and in turn remain where you stand?

If this is the case what happens in a scenario where there are two pursuing units and one successfully catches the fleeing unit and one does not? ie. a detachment and parent unit for example.

Again if I'm way off base then please correct me we are all just confused by the wording. I just have a hard time believing a victorious pursuit that destroys your enemy would leave you with a parent unit and detachment 90degrees of each other costing you precious movement to get back in line or worse opening your own flank to an attack.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

If you pursue, then you will move whatever distance you roll, regardless if you catch the unit or not. If you roll higher than the fleeing unit, they are destroyed and you move whatever you rolled. If they get away(roll higher), move them, and your unit moves its distance and ends up behind them. If there are two units, then move both. Do note however that a normal unit (one not affected by hatred or frenzy) can attempt to restrain pursuit, and not roll if they can pass a leadership test. So if you have two units, you could try to catch with one, and hold the other.

So to summarize, move your distance whether or not you catch the unit fleeing.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks much for the clarification!

Koolaide

+ Reply to Thread