Newb Question: How to play "do Dx Strength x hits(/attacks)"? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newb Question: How to play "do Dx Strength x hits(/attacks)"?

I wanted to ask a technical question about casting the Pink Horror Fireball and Flamers Flames of Tzeentch:

the attack description would say something along the lines of: "do d6 Strength 4 attacks/hits." What does that mean, exactly?! Do I have to roll a D6 in order to determine how many hits?

ie: 3 Flamers decide to shoot at Cold One Knights. Now, must I then roll 3d6 to determine how many shot attempts/hit attempts will be made? could I theoretically attempt 18xFlames of Tz attacks?

How about the case with the fireball, do I roll a d6 for each powerdice used in order to determine how many hits I attempt? Sorry for the newb question, but I need to know.

Thanks for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

With flamers you are correct, you roll a Dice for every flamer that shoots and add the score, thats how many shots you get, so3 flamers can get up to 18 shots.

Fireball works differently, it is a spell from the magic phase.
    Nominate one pink horror who will be casting the spell, then you use the powerdice, only to see if the spell gets through. after that you throw 1 dice to see how many hits you will have
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread