Vermin Lord rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vermin Lord rules

I'm new to the forum and I've been working on my skaven. I was reading about the Vermin Lord and it states that they "[A}re a type of daemon and are affected by any rule. abilities, weapons, spells and so on that work against Daemonkind."

So I am wondering what do I need to be aware of? I don't play Daemons so I don't have the rules are for them and I don't have the money to get the book. I was also told at my game store that daemonic instability and restrictions on the daemonic ward saves I wouldn't have to worry about. Is that accurate or have I been misinformed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Your Vermin Lord doesn't use any of the rules from the deamon codex. What they mean is that the Vermin Lord is affected by anything that says it affects deamons. There are a bunch of spells and possibly wargears that do things to deamons. So even though our Vermin Lord is still a deamon by definition, he does not suffer from instability, and is not unbreakable; he is only affected by things from our codex.

As for if there are any you need to watch out for, I don't know them off the top of my head. I would just be wary if they have certain spells from the Lore of Light, or of Heavens. And Sigmarite priests like to kill deamons too I think.
    Last edited by Ebon Hand; March 11th, 2010 at 18:55.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Please, Ebon Hand...we have army books.

Things that affect daemons are covered in the items/spells themselves and not in the Daemon book. Several of the BRB lores have spells that have additional effects or can't affect daemons (Heavens isn't one of them, though ).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

No Rest For the Righteous Ebon Hand's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x3)

Bah, who pays attention to impotent man-thing magicks anyways? I certainly don't. ...Until a fireball is heading my way. >.>

"Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the conquest of it." -Anon

+ Reply to Thread