Flyers (Dragons) charging into woods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

6 (x1)

Flyers (Dragons) charging into woods

I'm hoping this can be clarified for me.

In the rulebook, it says very clearly that flyers cannot use their flying 20" charge to charge a target within woods (a target that is within 2" of the edge of the wood, is visible and in line of sight and is otherwise a legitimate target to be charged, obviously.) The only way they can move into a wood is to "land outside and move in the subsequent turn".

Can a dragon use its normal movement characteristic (6") to charge a target in a wood moving on the ground as a normal unit and not as a flyer? It says that "flyers may not move, land in or take off from a wood", but I'm assuming this means "units that are flyers that are using their ability to fly" as otherwise this would prohibit them ever entering a wood. The reason I ask is because I want to clearly understand how my Dragon can charge those goddamn Wood Elf Treemen who lurk constantly in woods.

"Not Another Step Back! Death to the Enemies of Man!"

2. Remove Advertisements

Ontario, Canada
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

29 (x1)

You can still use your ground based movement value for charging as you would with any other monster.

+ Reply to Thread