Close Combat Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Close Combat Questions

Ok I have the rule book. Haven't read it all yet but as I was going through the combat section I got a little confused.

1st: So I take it you don't get the additional shield bonus in combat anymore ie. Chaos Armor (4+) with shield is 3+ in combat and shooting. But I guess you get the ward save instead.

2nd. How do attacks work out. I so that it goes initiative order but what if my warriors go against orcs? If they kill 5 does the orc player still get those 5 attacks? So then that would mean the only benefit to charging is the +1 combat res, as you strike at initiative and everyone gets to attack (only slightly different than 40k I might add)

Thanks. And if you could explain it as an example that would be even better, as I'm really busy and thus really tired and my brain hurts

Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

1st: correct. the chaos warrior with shield has a 3+ armour save. If they are in combat they get the 6+ ward save aswell (with a few exceptions)

2nd: correct again
    We fight in initiative order and charge has little influence apart from stuff, like Impact Hits or Lance bonusses.
    If you kill those 5 orcs and there are no orcs left in the unit, none gets to strike back. If its a unit of 20 orcs, 5 by 4 ranks... 5 are removed from the rear and their unit gets their normal amount of counterattacks. (ie. 5 orcs fight in front, and 1 support attack for each orc behind them in second rank)
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Thanks, I thought so but as it seems to be vastly different than before I wanted to double check before I play my first game
    Repainting Orks not sure how many points yet
    Warriors of Chaos shelved until further notice

+ Reply to Thread