Skaven Warp lightning Cannon and remain in play spells - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skaven Warp lightning Cannon and remain in play spells

Hello !

I've two questions for you, it is not very clear to me.

1) The Skaven Warp Lightning Cannon says that the lightning "bounce" like a normal cannon, then at the end of the bounce, there's a ball of lightning that explodes.
    But, when you shoot at Monstrous infantery (says Trolls, for example), as per the new V8 Cannon rules, if I do not slay the Troll completely, the cannon ball is stopped on its course and do not continue.
    As the Skaven WL cannon follows the rules of a normal cannon, I suppose the lightning is also stopped, but :
    - is there a lightning explosion in that case ?
    - if yes, is it centered on the troll who stopped the lightning to continue ?

2) A little question about remain in play spells.
    If you are a level two wizard and you have two spells (one is a remain in play, the other is not), the new rules does say that the "remain in play" spell is not dissipated anymore when you cast the other spell. Okay, right.
    But... if you cast the remain in play spell in a first magic phase, are you able to cast the same remain in play spell on another unit, and therefore have two instances (or more) of the same spell active at the same time (providing the previous remain in play spell hasn't been dissipated by your opponent) ?
    I didn't found any rule that prevent it, but I would like to be sure... I find it very strange that I could cast multiple instance of the same spell (not in the same magic phase, of course).

Thanks in advance!

Glirhuin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

As to question number two, it says under remains in play spells on page 36 that he can't cast the same spell again while the first is active.

For question number one, I am not sure. I would guess that there is an explosion at the troll, but I will have to get the book and read to have an informed opinion.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wooops, how could I've missed that line ? I re-read the rules in a hurry during the game when my opponent tried to cast a RiP spell a second time yesterday, and I missed it... Thank you for your answer, Sir.

Anyone else knows about the first question, please ?

Thanks,
    Glirhuin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd see no reason why the blast isn't placed where the shot is stopped. The end of the 'bounce' is just adjusted to position of the model it failed to kill.

And as for where the template is placed...hmm. Stopping it at its base seems to be the 'cleaner' solution, though I think it would be up to the opponents to thrash that one out.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

I'd see no reason why the blast isn't placed where the shot is stopped. The end of the 'bounce' is just adjusted to position of the model it failed to kill.

And as for where the template is placed...hmm. Stopping it at its base seems to be the 'cleaner' solution, though I think it would be up to the opponents to thrash that one out.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread