Pistol range and penalties. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pistol range and penalties.

This is going to be pretty straightforward, I just wanted to double check as Im very new to the (Complicated >_<) warhammer fantasy rules.

Does a pistol only NOT take the -1 on ranged attacks within 6"? Seems pretty harsh... And It seems like I'd pretty much always be charged at that range.

I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Yes. It follows all the normal shooting rules (bar the use of Quick to Fire), so outside of 6" you have to consider long range.

Short range shots can be abused if they are in a unit with a longer range, and on Empire pistoliers you can position your unit outside of enemy charge arc.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see. Can I shoot with it and then charge all in one turn? I believe so since it doesn't have Move or Shoot, no? Same with Throwing Axes?

I'm trying to plan how to outfit my dwarf army. And pistoleers did appeal to me when I was choosing armies because of skirmishing and flanking possibilities, but Organ Guns won out ;P
    I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:
    Kargh's Wite Butz, Death Skullz Orks: W: 5, L:, 2 D:2; Silver-skull Necrons: 1W 1L,500 pt

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Vazzaroth View Post
    I see. Can I shoot with it and then charge all in one turn? I believe so since it doesn't have Move or Shoot, no? Same with Throwing Axes?
    This isn't 40k. Once you're in combat with the enemy, you can't shoot - p38.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh, I didn't realize before that the Movement phase is when you charge, not the Close Combat. Hmm, I really wished I could volly my Throwing Axes as I charge, made my Ranger dwarves feel even more viking like.
    I am verbose. Sorry.
    Current Armies:

+ Reply to Thread