Questions about Gyrocopter and Swordmasters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions about Gyrocopter and Swordmasters

Hey there, since I haven't found these questions already asked, here goes:

-Can the Gyrocopter fire it's Steam Gun in close combat (and effectively get another 2d6 str3 armour piercing attacks)? Please say "yes"!

-The eternal question, do Swordmasters get their re-roll to hit, due to ASF, or is it canceled by great weapon's ASL, along with ASF's additional bonuses, and so they "just" strike at Initiative 5? I'd go for the later answer, but I want to be perfectly clear on this

Thanks in advance

Necrons W0/D0/L0 Dwarfs W10/D2/L6 (8th edition)

http://hobby-fun-zone.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by *Monsterman* View Post
    -The eternal question, do Swordmasters get their re-roll to hit, due to ASF, or is it canceled by great weapon's ASL, along with ASF's additional bonuses, and so they "just" strike at Initiative 5? I'd go for the later answer, but I want to be perfectly clear on this
    All high elves have ASF, and ignore any ASL the weapons may inflict - so they strike first, with rerolls to hit if they have a higher I
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

-Can the Gyrocopter fire it's Steam Gun in close combat (and effectively get another 2d6 str3 armour piercing attacks)? Please say "yes"!
    No. It's not a breath weapon.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww damn, not he answers I was hoping for...
    Thanks a lot

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

yes, they will get reroll to hit almost ALWAYs, because high elves are lame, GW loves them, and they are uncertain about their manhood so compensate with ASF great weapons with reroll to hit.. on WS6 guys...

Thanks in advance
    I think you will be disappointed by the gyro now, don't take it, take an organ gun.
    - can't move and shoot
    - can't use it's template in CC
    - still has 4+ to hit partials!!! ( Jervis Johnsen's article on the GW site recently said that if the armybook still has it, it still applies. It's not errata'd and the dwarven community has collectively dumped the gyro. )
    - it's marchblock job from 7th edition is ineffective now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    I think you will be disappointed by the gyro now, don't take it, take an organ gun.
    - can't move and shoot
    - still has 4+ to hit partials!!! ( Jervis Johnsen's article on the GW site recently said that if the armybook still has it, it still applies. It's not errata'd and the dwarven community has collectively dumped the gyro. )
    Aww damn, and I used to love it a lot
    Oh well, thanks a lot mate, seem I will have to go with dual Organ Guns...oh darn... xD

PS. the blue coloured text you added...It's funny beacause it's true xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    - can't move and shoot
    As the Steam Gun does not have the Move-or-Fire rule and the Gyrocopter only counts as a War Machine for the purposes of being targeted or affected by spells that specifically affect War Machines, it should be able to still move and fire. It does not gain the Move-or-Fire and Slow-to-Fire rules like other War Machines, if I'm reading this correctly. It would, however, still be unable to fire the Steam Gun in the same turn in which it marched just like any other normal shooting attack.

Unless I'm missing something?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

I'm pretty sure that is a definite 'no'. Errata also states that gyrocopters do not get thunderstomp! and they may not be chosen as character mounts.

Thanks in advance
    Errata says that they ASF and ignore the restrictions on great weapons.

Read through the new Errata and FAQs. It will probably answer most of your questions.

+ Reply to Thread