Warmachine bases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warmachine bases

I know this may look like a modeling question, but I need a rules-wise answer:

If I want to put a warmachine on a base, should I use the chariot base or the ogre-sized one? Any other?

Necrons W0/D0/L0 Dwarfs W10/D2/L6 (8th edition)

http://hobby-fun-zone.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

I have no idea!

Most war machines come without base so i guess youl have to improvise if you want to use one.

I use different bases for my war machines depending on each army and theme. (My Rock lobbers for example have round blast templates as Base)
    Last tournament someone else used some weird shapes he cut out himself, which were just fine in the end. I'd say just use something that fits nicely under the whole machine...

- For some reason i like round bases for this. Have a look at the 40K monsterbases etc.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Since War Machines actually ''have'' a base in the new rules, I think its your own choice. As long as you measure to and from the nearest machine part, I think you're alright.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Well, they actually don't have a base in the new rules. When charging a warmachine you just have to touch a part of the warmachine itself.
    There's nothing wrong with basing them however. I've seen round bases, square and chariot bases ( these tend to hit well with stone throwers ) , all are fine. I myself base them on monster bases, so you've got a bit of room left. Basing your warmachines will help fit them in with the rest of your army and make them look nicer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the answers, the round bases somehow sound the best, taking into account the 8th edition warmachine combat rules
    Hell, now I need to find some round bases xD
    Necrons W0/D0/L0 Dwarfs W10/D2/L6 (8th edition)

http://hobby-fun-zone.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Sigh......I think this is the second time, I forget a, dont.

Actually DONT ''have'' a base....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I'd say put them on a 50x50mm base. Avoid round bases, since war machines can still be charged from more than one direction and it makes it nice and easy as to how many models can attack.

The only time I'd say use a bigger base is with the Hellcannon.
    Last edited by sirkently; September 6th, 2010 at 18:01.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I would say round bases myself. Just looks nicer. And Rork, how many can attack is dictated by the rules. How many are touching a base is irrelevant.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    I'd say put them on a 50x50mm base. Avoid round bases, since war machines can still be charged from more than one direction and it makes it nice and easy as to how many models can attack.

The only time I'd say use a bigger base is with the Hellcannon.
    In the new rules the unit(s) attacking the warmachine always fight with 6 models chosen by the owning player, so even if the base were 200x200, only 6 models

round or square depends on preference. Although when looking back, round might have been nicer for mine. * dubs wether he should rip the bases off *

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The bearded one View Post
    In the new rules the unit(s) attacking the warmachine always fight with 6 models chosen by the owning player, so even if the base were 200x200, only 6 models
    Infantry fights with six models. Monsters count as 5 infantry. Everything else counts as 3 infantry. Just wanted to make that clear.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast