Wheel during charging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    5 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Wheel during charging

I guess this is more of a request for clarification than anything else. A few people debate that the 90 Degree move permitted during a charge still counts towards the movement required. (I would personally favor this as well).

Just looking to check my logic on the rules that do in fact show that the wheel is free. This is all assuming a successful charge:

1) Attacker Declares Charge
    2) Defender Declares Reaction
    3) Roll For Charge Range
    4) Measure the distance between the attacker to defender (closest base-to-base distance)
    5) Move Chargers (including wheel) - rules say that chargers now have unlimited movement (still have to hit the face they declared a charge against) as they have already been confirmed to be in charge range.

Since determining distance for charge range and whether or not a charge is successful happens before any movement (using shortest distance), the wheel is considered to be a freebie.

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Absolutely right. It caught me out the first time it was brought to my attention, but on the charge you just measure the distance between the two closest points on the charging and charged units. Any wheels are not included in the charge move - it's a looked over, but major, change to the way it works.

Wheeling distance is only taken into account during normal or march moves.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread