Winds of Magic for Doubles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winds of Magic for Doubles

I am trying to figure out how to do winds of magic when you are playing a team game. I couldn't find anything in the rule book.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

It works exactly the same, except you're sharing the power/dispel dice pools.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

4. ThanksEduardo Rodriguez thanked for this post.
    LikeEduardo Rodriguez liked this post.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we ran into the same prob . so we made a " house rule " as we couldnt find anything exact .. and lets say team 1 has player A and B .. and team 2 has player A and B .. well players A rolled ..and players B rolled.. the dice generated from b can only case b spells and dispell b stuff .. and so forth for A .. we found rolling one set as suggested really made magic unfun .. let say you get 6-7 dice which is average .. now you split that 3 dice between players to cast stuff.. not great

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

They don't have to be split evenly (unless it's a fragile alliance IIRC)
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the same problem you run into if you play a large game 1 v 1. Lots of wizards and only one power pool. In a team game it is no different, you may have several wizards but you still share the same pool. If the alliance is a desperate alliance (i.e destruction and order on the same team) then dice are split evenly with any odd dice split randomly.

This is also why you don't brink a skink priest (scroll caddy the exception) when you have a Slann. That Slann wants to use all of the power dice. And the Slann gets what the Slann wants.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

It is handy having a 2nd wizard though in case your first fluffs his casting - then you've got someone to use all the spare dice. Plus I love Lore of Life and Lore of Shadows in combination - oh your S is down by D3, now role under your new S or die
    My Deathwatch Campaign

+ Reply to Thread