Doomwheel Unsaved wounds Zaapp Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x2)

Doomwheel Unsaved wounds Zaapp Help

Hi all.. just getting to grips with my new skaven army.

My regular opponent and I are having problems with the wording of the unsaved wounds rule for the Zaapp attack from the doomwheel

You work out how strong the three zaapp shots are by rolling the artillery dice (ok no problems there) and then any unsaved wounds are multiplied into D6 wounds

That is the bit we're having problems with.. does that mean

a) the d6 unsaved wounds then get distributed onto the unit
    b) the d6 wounds get distributed onto the models initially hit

the other night i was lucky and rolled 6 hits (on D6) at Strength 10 (artillery dice) at a unit of Lizardmen Temple Guard.. Now that basically killed 6 outright as they couldn't save against the initial shots..
    What happens then.. if i then roll another 6D6 dice i could effectively wipe the entire unit out from that 1 shot when i was only initially able to do 6 (D6) hits

I know the skaven are whacky but that seems a little overpowered... I can see that the doomwheel is really designed to go up against a single big monster

Thanks in advance for the help

Current Army Status - Chaos - 15000 points, Orks (BadMoonz) - 3000 Points - Space Wolves - 4000 Points, Necrons - 2000 Points.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It follow the multiple wounds rule. Zzzap can only ever kill three models.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread