Librarium Online Forums banner

charging feeing troops

809 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sorberec 
#1 ·
ok this should be a very basic rule but i am so confused by it
if my unit (A) if feeing and it is charged by another unit (B) what happens

does my unit get to make a flee reaction or do they just stay there and get cut down if caught.

this is because both of these rules make so sence:
i was playing against skaven and he charged my chaos warriors. i won the combat and his unit fleed. as he was close to the table i decided not to persue but they rolled double 1 for there flee roll. when my turn came i realised that my chaos warhound which had come back from rallying a few turns ago although no where near his feeing unit could see them. i therefore declared a charge with them forcing him to make a flee roll and running of the table.
however the other day i was playing vampire counts and my chaos knight lost combat against his gouls (from combat res due to killing my marauders) my knights got away but it was his next turn and he delcared a charge on my knights. i thought i got a flee roll but he was saying the rules state that if ur unit is fleeing then they dont get to make a charge reaction. They just stay there and if caught they r destroyed.

which 1 is right, the 1st one wld be the most obvious rule but i cant find anywhere in the rulebook where it says i get to make a flee reaction but GW does have a habit of hidding these things

thanks for any help

See less See more
#4 ·
Ashen1973 has answered the question. But I have another issue here. You stated your warhounds were "no where near his fleeing unit." Before you can declare a charge, you actually have to be able to get there. So the unit charged will have to be within 12" + MV.

SirKently

#5 ·
ok ty
the rules are actualy very wierd in this
under "flee!" it says a unit already fleeing must make a flee reaction
however under "charging a fleeing unit" it doesnt mention anything about making a flee reaction and just states that if the unit that makes a charge against a fleeing unit then the unit is destroyed but nothing about the unit having to make a flee reaction

and yes u r right i cldnt have made that charge reaction although not that it wld had made much difference in the game as the unit had like 20 skaven left and it wld have been rallying on like 5 or 4

thanks for ur help

#7 ·
ok ty
the rules are actualy very wierd in this
under "flee!" it says a unit already fleeing must make a flee reaction
however under "charging a fleeing unit" it doesnt mention anything about making a flee reaction and just states that if the unit that makes a charge against a fleeing unit then the unit is destroyed but nothing about the unit having to make a flee reaction
You need to read that properly. The rules under charging a fleeing unit state that if you complete a charge (i.e. you roll high enough to reach them) against a fleeing unit then they are cut down. There is no contradiction with page 17 which states that fleeing units must declare a flee reaction if charged.

The only times I can think of off the top of my head that fleeing units are automatically cut down is if a unit overruns into them or they're hit by a unit that has random movement

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.