Question about swift reform and combat - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about swift reform and combat

Okay, so the situation is: there is an enemy unit two inches away but on my right flank, not in my direct line of sight.

Question: With my musician, I take a leadership test for a swift reform and pass. Since the enemy is within my normal move distance can I swift reform to face them, then simply MOVE into contact to initiate combat?

Or do I have to wait for them to charge me?

Sorry if this has been answered, I'm having a heck of a time getting the search function to work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

you cannot move into combat, you must charge to enter combat. (pg 16 of the rulebook, under 'Declare charge' 'if you want to attack an enemy then you must charge him - you simply cannot move into close ombat without having declared a charge.' )
    So, in this situation al you can do is turn to face your opponents unit and wait for him to charge you (or charge him next turn if, for some reason, he doesnt)
    Last edited by ashen1973; April 4th, 2011 at 23:29.

+ Reply to Thread