Arachnarok, template hits and the loremaster rule - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Portsmouth, England
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

33 (x1)

Arachnarok, template hits and the loremaster rule

Had this come up the other night and just want to check that i interpretted the rules correctly, any input given is greatly appreciated.

I fielded the Arachnarok as a mount for a great Shaman in a battle (I'm still not convinced that its worth its points but its a great model and thats for another discussion )

My opponent cast Pit of Shades, the template clipped the base of the Arachnarok.
    Both the Arachnarok and the Shaman took an initiative check (using the Arachnarok's higher initiative).
    The Arachnarok failed and the Shaman passed.
    The Arachnarok was removed from the battle but the Shaman carried on fighting as a lone model.

For the remainder of the battle the Shaman kept all of the spells he had recieved due to the loremaster special rule.

We where both in agreement and pretty sure we dealt with the actual pit of Shades spell and subsequent damage correctly, but, neither where 100% sure about if the Shaman kept the Loremaster rule.
    We both agreed he should on the night, but, i wanted to get other people's opinions incase it comes up in the future.
    My thoughts would be that the Spidershrine enabled the Shaman to remember all those spells in advance of the battle and the fact that it no longer exists would not make him forget them instantly.

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Difficult. The rules say "a shaman mounted on..." - so does that mean at any given point, or purely when you mount him on it at the start of the game/building the army?

I think the most reasonable solution would be to randomly give him the number of spells he would normally have access to (much like the miscast result when you lose D3 levels).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

I have no problem with the way you played it. He didn't lose any levels. And you only roll for spells at the beginning of the game. So I see no reason he should lose any in this situation. Except for the fact that he got them because he was mounted. But until GW clears up the scenario, I would go with what you did.

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread