Magical Attacks? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x2)

Magical Attacks?

So I just started playing Fantasy, and after flipping through the rule book, I see a few references to "magical attacks" (like the Flaming Sword of Rhuin spell) but can't find anywhere what exactly that means, since it doesn't seem to be in the index of the little rule book. Can anybody help me out?

The enemy's gate is down

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

There are a few units that can only be hurt by magical attacks, that's about it.

And there aren't many of those.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

As reality cheque stated there are a few models/units that have the 'ethereal' special rule, this means that they are immune to all but magical attacks. There are also a very few models that have a specific rule that makes them immune to mundane attacks but doesnt actually make them ethereal.
    Magical attacks are those made by spells, magical weapons, models with the ethereal special rule or models with another special rule that makes their attacks magical.
    See the rules for 'Ethereal' on pg 68 for some more detail.

+ Reply to Thread