Multiple combat reforming. Need rules help!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Multiple combat reforming. Need rules help!!

ok heres the situation i have a squad of 20 empire knights arranged in 2 rows of 10 and i charged my brothers necro sphinx so there is about 4 guys in combat on the left flank aswell as a couple supporting attacks. Then i got charged in my right flank by a squad of 30 skeleton warriors arranged in 3 rows of ten so there are 2 knights in combat with about 16 skeleton warriors, fair enough i just got flanked charge. We resolved combat i lost by 3 but passed leadership tests and now i want to combat reform.

In the rulebook bottom right of page 55 under unusual situations it says "If a unit is engaged to more than one facing (say to the front and one flank), it cannot make combat reforms"

This is completely unfair because it leaves me in a situation where i have only 8 troops in a squad of 20 fighting and the rest are stuck in the middle with no enemies to engage.

What i think should be done is i get to combat reform so my unit pivots to the right, the necro sphinx engaged on the left flank and the front of my troops aligned with the front of the squad of skeletons warriors so now both sides have the maximum amount of warriors in combat and getting all attacks.

This makes much more sense and is more realistic in a real life situation (of course my brother argues it should be the way stated in the rulebook because it advantages him greatly) how should this be played?

2. Remove Advertisements

utrecht, Holland
    19 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

320 (x8)

hmm your right about the written rule and it's also most annoying if half the knights don't even bother to fight.

How this should have been played:
    after the first combat round you could have tried a reform to anticipate the second charge. But in a nutshell: You were outflanked and now it's too late to fix it!
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread