Multiple combat question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Chaos Waste
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

31 (x1)

Multiple combat question

Here's the situation:

a unit of 20 marauders are fighting a unit of 5 pegasus knights.
    a spawn charges in, and kill 1 pegasus knight. my opponenet removes the leftmost pegasus, stating that the spawn is no longer in combat. Been reading page 61 in the BRB 20times over now and simply cant agree on the current situation.

My arguement is the "shrinking unit" rule on page 61, stating that you automaticly "nudge" you unit back into base to base if you become "stranded" if the attacking unit is unable to do so without changing the facing, then the defender most move his.

My opponenets arguement is the "no more foes" rule on the same page ( 61 ) claiming that moving the knights to the left would leave some of the marauders unable to attack as they would no longer be in base to base.

when reading through the "removing casualties" part of the book it states that you remove models evenly from both sides ( if in a single line formation )

How i this resolved?

Quote Lord Borak
    Now now lads. This is a forum about grown men playing with toy soldiers. Lets be adults please.

2. Remove Advertisements

utrecht, Holland
    19 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

320 (x8)

from the page you mentioned Shrnking Units:

"if the attacker cannot be moved this way, then the defending unit is moved instead."
    in the picture the 4 remaining pegasi can easily contact all marauders and still glimps a corner of the spawn. Thats all you need to keep the spawn in the combat. If the Maruaders are too wide a unit, then thats too bad i guess. the marauders would have to be at least 8 models wide to cause the spawn to leave the fight
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

+ Reply to Thread