Distributing random wound for magic in a unit with a character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    4 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

16 (x1)

Distributing random wound for magic in a unit with a character

Hey all,
    A question that came up during a game last night. How does a spell that causes 2D6 wounds on a unit that has a character in it distribute those wounds?

The specific example. I had cast Comet of Casandora a few rounds prior. When it landed I actually rolled double sixes for once in my life and it hit everyone within 12". This included my unit of 5 knights with an Exalted Hero in it, and his entire army. Everyone hit for 2D6+4 str 8 hits. The question was, do characters take any wounds from magic like that while in units?

We eventually settled on using the rules for shooting, which say that if there is at least five rank and file models in a unit, the character is safe. So my five knights were decimated, but the other wounds that would have fallen didn't take effect. His characters were protected the same way.

Was this right? Is this addressed somewhere in a FAQ or in the rulebook that we missed?

2. Remove Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Reading, UK
    29 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

I believe that was the correct method. If the attack hits a unit then wounds are allocated against the unit. Templates are obviously different but ultimately yes that was correct.

+ Reply to Thread