Supporting attacks and spears? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supporting attacks and spears?

Question (I'm sure it's been asked before by someone somewhere)..

Supporting attacks states that the second rank of troops gets a single attack regardless of their actual number of attacks as long as they are directly behind a model in the front line that has base contact with the enemy.

That part I got.

Spears on foot state that the unit fights in an extra rank after the first round of combat.

I understand that.

My ultimate question is..

Combined does this mean that unit of spearmen on foot gets 2 ranks of attacks on CC Round 1 with supporting attacks, but 3 ranks of attacks every round after?

If it's not then why spend points on infanty model spearmen at all?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Yes, that is what it means. If you unit is 10 wide, you get four ranks of attacks on a round you don't charge.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    97 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by alfyb623 View Post
    Combined does this mean that unit of spearmen on foot gets 2 ranks of attacks on CC Round 1 with supporting attacks, but 3 ranks of attacks every round after?

If it's not then why spend points on infanty model spearmen at all?

Thanks!
    Spearmen do get 3rd rank attacks, as long as they did not charge (if they did charge, they get the effect on every subsequent combat following their charging turn, they do not get it on their charge turn though). Pretty cool effect I think.

High elf lothern sea guard, 10x5, if in base contact with another unit 10 wide, or enough to maximize all files, get 50 attacks actually.

One regular, two supporting, three from spears, four from ASF or martial prowess or something (cant remember exactly what it is, been awhile), and 5 from horde formation.

+ Reply to Thread