Charging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charging

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Charging

Ok so 1st off are you able to do so on your 1st trun?

Also lets say you have vanguard and then i go 1st and move everything up and what not are you able to charge me when it comes to your turn? or do you have to wait till turn 2? If someone could help me out with this it would be most helpful

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

You can charge on turn 1 assuming the units you are charging with have not made a vanguard move. It doesn't say anywhere in the BRB that you cannot, except for vanguards and scouts.
    That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest-son-of-a-bitch in space!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is going to sound like a stupid question i'm kind of new to this what's BRB mean?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

BRB = Basic Rule Book.

And a vanguard unit can charge on your first turn if you go second. A non vanguard unit can charge first turn though it is usually unlikely that you are within range.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Big Red Book or Big Rule Book. It's just a reference to the core rules.
    Also, Lasso's answer is half right. Check out page 79 of the core book:
    "Units that have made a Vanguard move cannot declare a charge in the first turn if their army goes first."

So, if you go first, your Vanguards can't charge on Turn1. If you decide to go second though, you can charge after your vanguard. This was done to give your opponent time to react to your Vanguard models being that close to his lines.

Remember that although you may declare a charge on your first turn (except for the Vangaurd rules above), you are not allowed to declare an "impossible charge" (pg16). Usually your maximum charge range is 12+M, measured from the closest point of the declaring unit to the closest point of the defending unit. If there is any intervening or any intervening units, you'll have to measure around them.

This makes first turn charges incredibly rare. Again, this was done to keep people from charging across the board before their opponent could make any kind of defensive moves.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh alright i think i get it now thank you very much

+ Reply to Thread