scattering pit of shades and invincible packmasters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

scattering pit of shades and invincible packmasters

I'm new to the forum so hi everyone, my two questions are:

what happens if i roll a Hit scattering the Pit of Shades, does it scatter using the small arrow on hit symbol? I play like this and find it really hard to hit anyone so i thought that maybe the Hit still apply?

and the other:

I got charged by a pack of rat ogres with 2 packmasters. Striking first, i killed all of ogres and still had some wounds left. Ss my opponent is a beginner and i 'dictated' rules, i decided that the excess wound are lost, cause the packmasters weren't in base contact. And this would be fine since 2 packmasters aren't gonna do much. But next turn my cavalry unit was flank charged by HPA and after impact hits situation was as follows: my hero to the left, my last one knight in the middle and HPA to the right. Following what i decided earlier would mean the the HPA's zilion of attacks can only kill one puny elf and the hero will get away, so i simply turned them both to face HPA.

so my question is what should be done in both those cases?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

1. If you roll a hit the template stays right where you placed it. Don't move it anywhere.

2. The HPA could kill one puny elf. They would stay where they were. The hero could attack the packmasters, and the puny elf either.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You Sir!

As a HE player i find shadow very useful, even more now, so thanks.

the two fights i mentioned were separate, but i get the picture of what should be done and it reminds me of an idea i had to deploy my mages with 5 Phoenix body Guards in 3 x 2. charge from flank and rear makes mage unkillable and if charged frontally i could still attempt to refuse a challenge (i play vs. WoC frequently and they must issue challenges). either way, mage will still have the opportunity to escape pursue and even 5 Phoenix Guards can take a lot of missile fire with their 4++ adding like 10 wounds to the mage, giving him +1 Ld not to mention that 5 PG has a decent chance to defeat things like eagles or light cavalry that usually threatens war machines and lone mages. basically i treat them as a 75pt magic armour for my mage. what you people (and elves even more) think?

+ Reply to Thread