Characters With Fear/terror, Unit Without - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my scar-vet on a Cold One (causes fear) joins a unit of saurus (doesn't cause fear), what happens? Does the whole unit cause fear? Does the unit become immune to fear but not cause it? Is the unit still totally non-fear causing? Or something else? Same question, but with terror instead of fear.

BTW I read that a character on a monster couldn't join units on the forum somewhere, but it doesn't say that in the rules, and I think I read in a games workshop FAQ that any character can join any unit unless the rules specifically say otherwise (like how characters cant join units of flyers). Which is correct?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Originally posted by Keilah@Jan 11 2005, 12:15
    If my scar-vet on a Cold One (causes fear) joins a unit of saurus (doesn't cause fear), what happens? Does the whole unit cause fear? Does the unit become immune to fear but not cause it? Is the unit still totally non-fear causing? Or something else? Same question, but with terror instead of fear.

BTW I read that a character on a monster couldn't join units on the forum somewhere, but it doesn't say that in the rules, and I think I read in a games workshop FAQ that any character can join any unit unless the rules specifically say otherwise (like how characters cant join units of flyers). Which is correct?
    [snapback]299700[/snapback]
    Assuming the fear-causing model is in the front rank, if the unit is charged in the flank or the rear, then the attacking unit does not have to test for fear.

Yes, a monster on a character can not join a unit.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about that charging in flank or rear and don't have to test..
    The unit itself does not cause fear, but you can still force the enemy to hit only on 6's if they fail fear test. If you win combat and you outnumber him, you won't autobreak the enemy due of fear, because only your character causes fear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Originally posted by WiCkEdRock@Jan 11 2005, 15:15
    I'm not sure about that charging in flank or rear and don't have to test..
    [snapback]299830[/snapback]
    I'm sure of this one. The rules read something like, "If the attacking unit doesn't have to face the fear causing model, then obviously it doesn't need to test."

I suppose the obvious question is, "What happens when the fear-causing model moves during the next movement phase in order to fight." Most rules dealing with situations like this (like overrunning into a fear-causing unit) would say that in the heat of combat they're not subject to fear (just like a unit already fighting, say, a block of skeletons, won't test when charged by another block of skeletons).
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Tis true, BRB Page 82 - "Fear and terror Liabilities" last few paragraphs. It says you only test for fear/terror if your charge will get you into combat with the creature, a if a fear causing character is in the front rank and you charge the flank you won't test for fear.

KU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so basically,
    1 - Anyone who wants to charge the unit, including the fear-causing character, will have to test for fear, but only against the unit strength of the character, not the whole unit.
    2 - If the unit with the character wants to charge fear-causers, it still has to test for fear.
    3 - If a unit of 1 (say, a lone character) is defeated by a unit of Saurus with a Scar-vet on Cold One, it will auto-break, since my Scar-vet on Cold One has US 2, but if the defeated unit has US 2+, it will not autobreak because the fear-causing part of my unit does not outnumer him.

Correct?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so basically,
    1 - Anyone who wants to charge the unit, including the fear-causing character, will have to test for fear, but only against the unit strength of the character, not the whole unit.
    2 - If the unit with the character wants to charge fear-causers, it still has to test for fear.
    3 - If a unit of 1 (say, a lone character) is defeated by a unit of Saurus with a Scar-vet on Cold One, it will auto-break, since my Scar-vet on Cold One has US 2, but if the defeated unit has US 2+, it will not autobreak because the fear-causing part of my unit does not outnumer him.
    ok so basically,
    yes. But if the units fails the fear-test, so they only hits on 6, he will still hit like nothing happened.
    Green is good

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Um, I'm not gunna read the rest of the posts because I'm lazy:

Heres what I would think in this situation (because we all know how important my oppinion is :rolleyes: ):

The unit that gets charged must take the psychology test. If they fail it then they fallow whatever the fear rules are against the character, but not against normal rank and file models.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

+ Reply to Thread