Changing Directons When Getting Charged - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are to get charged into the flank, can you move your men to face them head on, or does that one or two man rank have to fight and eventually let the entire die one by one?

"...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The unit has to remain facing the same way, so yes, your one or two man line will die one by one. If you somehow win a round of combat though, you can lap around the unit on your flank as normal, getting more attacks in that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also when you win combat you can move your hero (not your champion though ) into combat.

Remember that for a unit to get the flank, 50% of the charging unit has to be on the flank, so sometimes it is hard to get the flank
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can only move your hero during your own movement phase though, remember that...
    I kill two dwarves in the morning, I kill two dwarves at night. I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel allright. I kill two dwarves in time of peace, and two in time of war. I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more.

Goblin kroozade of revengyness: win:19 draw:10 loss:9

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Originally posted by Colonel_Kraken@Mar 1 2005, 09:43
    you can only move your hero during your own movement phase though, remember that...
    [snapback]341388[/snapback]
    And he can&#39;t fight that turn, right? Or wrong?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m pretty sure he can still fight but you can&#39;t charge because it counts as reforming. I think that&#39;s how it works.
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

The hero can&#39;t fight in the turn that he gets charged as he will only be able to move in his next movement phase.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hero can&#39;t fight in the turn that he gets charged as he will only be able to move in his next movement phase.
    I don&#39;t get what you are saying. If the character is in base to base contact then he is in combat and will be able to fight. Please clarify what you mean.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Well, any reform automatically moves the standard bearer, unit champion, etc. to the "new" front rank. It only seems logical that any characters would also. But you can&#39;t charge or march after turning (I read that section last night). So it&#39;s irrelevant. For accepting the charge, that would happen on the opponent&#39;s turn and therefore the champion and/or character could fight as normal.

What I was thinking of earlier was for a situation like this: you&#39;re hit in the flank, you want to move your character into that combat, so he moves over, but he can&#39;t attack that round. His actions were used to move.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread