Warp-lightning Cannon On Stegadon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I played a game with Skaven against my friend's Lizardmen. I fired my Warp-Lightning Cannon at his Stegadon, and rolled (as normal) to see whether it hit the monster or the rider. I rolled a 5, so it hit the Skinks on top.
    The question is, how many of the Skinks are hit by the shot. They're crammed really tightly into the howdah, so I could draw a line through all of them (but that depends on how someone puts their Skinks in a howdah). Eventually, we decided that the cannon (which does d6 wounds) would distribute the wounds among all the Skinks. Therefore, a wound (which I got) kills d6 skinks.
    Is there a way you're meant to do it, or did I do it right.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi omniam pecuniam mihi dabis, saxum immanem ad capitem tuum mittam.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm. I always thought that a war machine like cannon or warp lightning cannon hit either the riders OR the monster. I know that in the 2004 annual when asked a similair question about stone throwers hitting chaos lord riding a dragon,they said that if the hole was over the rider it hit only him,otherwise it hit only the dragon. I would send the question into the rules boys,but the on the spot rule you used sounded fair enough for the situation,just in case one of your friends later cries out that you cheated him :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x4)

There's certainly no documented way to have dealt with this situation, although this is how I would have done it:

Treat the shot on the stegadon as a 'Monster' (BRB, p. 103) being ridden by a character (or characters in this case). So first, you'd randomise to see who was hit (1-4 stegadon, 5-6 skinks) and then resolve the hits, if it';s the stegadon just roll to wound and then roll to see how many wounds it has caused on the beast; if it's the skinks, see how many are in the cannon's path and roll to wound individually for each skink in the howdah.

This way makes the most sense to me anyway.
    The iron crowned is getting closer,
    Swings his hammer down on him,
    Like a thunderstorm he's crushing,
    Down the Noldor's proudest king.

Under my foot, so hopeless it seems.
    You've troubled my day, now feel the pain.
    - Blind Guardian

+ Reply to Thread