Multiplayer Magic - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiplayer Magic

Hey how is everyone, I was just wonder what is the rules for Multiplayer Magic/Where are the rules for Multiplayer Magic. Cause me and my fellows have just started to play Fantasy and well we like to play free fer all and we were wondering about magic. Any help will be very helpful.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there are any actually printed rules for multiplayer magic, but the situation has come up many times down at the local store. This one node on our Lustria map has had at least three players fighting over it about every week, once having six in one game (yeah, a free for all). Everyone agreed it was fair, so it should work for you guys too.

In multiplayer games (2 or more to a side), you get 2 dice base for the entire alliance (not 2 base per player's army), plus however many casters or units add to the pool, same with dispel. For free for alls, everyone gets their dispel dice replenished in their magic phase when their turn comes around. For example, say I'm playing Khorne and have 7 dispel dice. I get those 7 dice to dispel ALL the spells that my enemies cast, and they come back in my magic phase. But you can combine dice with other players for a combined effort of dispel, but you have to declare how many each player is using before anybody rolls.

Does that make sense? I hope it does...
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I think I get that, we have tried many things but I think this will work the best, however don't you guys find that it almost seals all magic if everyone can dispel it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not necessarily. You really have to limit how much dispel dice go towards any one player. If you use up four out of five dice on one player and you still have another two magic phases from other players to wait out, you're going to be hurting. It can get a little unbalanced if armies with no magic (ie dwarfs) are involved.

You can also try allowing more than one person to dispel a spell, but not combining their rolls. Magic tended to waste a lot of dispel dice really fast that way, however.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

There's a White Dwarf that includes an article about a three-player game and includes a description of how the players resolved problems, included among them the magic phase. I'll look through my back issues and see what I can find.

Does anyone else out there remember the article I'm talking about?

+ Reply to Thread