Wood ELf Spell - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wood ELf Spell

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Wood ELf Spell

Okay, one of the new wood elf spells allows the player to make a unit quasi-ethereal. They treat all terrain as open ground and can not be damaged by mundane missile fire. It lasts until the start of the WE player's next magic phase.

So the debate is this:
    I interpret that as meaning that units can pass through terrain, even impassable, as if it were open ground.
    My friend raised the point that it could be interpreted as open ground and therefore the unit can see and charge through terrain.

For example, my wood elf wild riders are in a wood. Four inches north of the wood is a hill six inches in diameter or so. Beyond but not on that hill is a unit of Chaos Marauders. My glade riders are affected by this spell. As they treat all terrain as open ground, can they see those marauders and charge them?

To me it seems an abuse of the spell, but then again, the spell isn't a whole lot of good if it doesn't allow for charges.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Hmm, interesting, I would think that the spell is one which affects movement (ie. through any terrain), I don't think it's intended to allow units to see through things they would not normally be able to see though.
    Think about it logically, the spell gives a unit the ability to move through terrain, but it doesn't give the ability to see through the terrain. For that you'd need a different spell that makes all terrain invisible to the unit or something.
    As far as I know, being ethereal also doesn't allow units to see or move through other units either (I could be wrong of course...).
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Tzeench Lord said, I don't think it was intended that way, but how it is worded, you could charge and see through it. The reasoning for this is, can you see through open ground? Of course you can. It might come up in a FAQ, but until then I would say you could also see through the terrain.
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

It has been hinted that the meaning of the spell is to make the unit Ethereal, but as it stands, units can ignore any and all terrain for any and all purposes - including, but not limited to, shooting.

One could expect this to be Errata'ed when the first WE Q&A rears it's ugly head...
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, you'd think it say something like "treats all terrain as open ground for purposes of movement only" or "for purposes of moving, line of sight, and shooting."

+ Reply to Thread