Can Sylvanian Militia shoot when raised? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Sylvanian Militia shoot when raised?

self explanatory... can I raise a unit of militia with crossbows and shoot or does raising count as moving? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0
    self explanatory... can I raise a unit of militia with crossbows and shoot or does raising count as moving? Thanks!
    Strewart or someone will come along and give you a definite answer (which I think is that yes, they can since it's in a separate phase...skeletons are raised in the magic phase, not movement). But I have a related question, which I just suggested.

If I move a unit of skeletons with Vanhels or the Book in the magic phase, do they count as moving and unable to shoot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that the militia on the alternate list were not undead they're human.

I think that if you magically moved a unit you should be allowed to shoot (wood elves).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Errant Squire
    I thought that the militia on the alternate list were not undead they're human.

I think that if you magically moved a unit you should be allowed to shoot (wood elves).
    The Army of Sylvania is from the Storm of Chaos campaign and is a perfectly legal list. It seems you're thinking of the alternate army list from the back of the army codex. In that case, yes, they are human.

Hmm, I hadn't thought about wood elves being magically moved. Of course they don't suffer movement penalties to begin with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darn that silly Storm of Chaos, I still have to pick it up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

According to the Dire Wolves FAQ KU linked to in the rules section, the answer is yes. They can shoot on the turn they are raised. They do not count as having moved.

Now if you move them with Vanhel's, I don't know, but my guess is no. There's an element of fairness to consider; furthermore, it's not as if they are magically whisked 8 inches. They still have to walk, and it's that walking/marching that negates any unit from shooting. And going a whole 8" would also seem to negate shooting.

jtm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you move with Danse you can't shoot.

page 90 of the rulebook under "move-or-fire"
    I can read now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Letter of the law, I might agree with you, but I'd have to check my book. Otherwise:
    Yes it says move or fire, but the book also says you can't move and then move again in the magic phase. By this I mean to point out that the move-or-fire rule represents the time it takes to reload a xbow. If two units of skellies stay put during the movement phase, then they both reload their xbows, and hence can both shoot in the shooting phase. The idea behind the spell is that the unit is instilled with some sort of magic energy giving them the vigour to make an extra move, one not at all related to what they did in the move phase.

+ Reply to Thread