Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey, I am having some trouble understanding some more complicated/vague rules and was wondering if some people could help me out. I appologies if these have been asked before.
1) The +1 to the armor save in close combat for having a handweapon and shield:
Is that still given if you are using a magical weapon (One handed) and a mundane shield
also is it given if you are using a mundane weapon and a magical shield
If you know the answer to this could you tell me where I could find it in writting?
2)Do undead have to roll to restrain or is that part of immune to psychology
3)Hills and shooting, could someone explain all the rules for shooting off a hill, can they shoot over a screen of units into blocks behind that. I just don't understand it...
Any response will be greatly appreciated, thanks for helping
- You should've done a forum search. This topic has come up a number of times already. Basically, both the shield and hand weapon must be mundane, you can't be mounted, and wight blades are normal hand weapons for all intents and purposes with benefits (ie they do get the +1 save with hand weapon/sheild).
- No, being Immune to Psychology means you can choose without rolling.
- I'm not the best rules-person for shooting, seeing as I play Beasts and all. From how I understand it, you may shoot over screens while on hills. Unless the screen is also on a hill. Read the rulebook for more detail. A lot of times it's just common sense- from an elevated position on a hill, you can fire over enemies a lot easier.
Hope that helps.
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it's wrong.
Welcome to LO, feel free to introduce yourself in the introductions forum at the bottom of the forum index. Now your questions..
1. Both items must be mundane. The wording is slightly off (as it doesn't state both must be mundane) but on page p88 in the BRB. And the clarification can be found in the Direwol FAQ -2. Yes they must still test. Immune to psychology is only for psychology rules only, they are not exempt from break tests or restaining pursuit. So they must still roll to check.Q. Can magic weapons or shields be combined with mundane weapons or
shields and still receive the bonus Armour save in close combat?
A. No, magic weapons and shields donâ€™t grant the bonus Armour save, in
any combination. You must have a mundane hand weapon and mundane
shield (and be a model on foot) to earn the bonus Armour save.
S. Warhammer Chronicles 2004, page 116.
3. A unit on high position than their enemy can see and fire at any unit they can draw LOS too but if an enemy unit is on the same level then they can only hit them (closest target). Otherwise they are free to fire over other troops (screens etc) to ones behind, unless they are large targets as they block LOS.
(I believe the above is correct but it may need someone with better gaming knowledge than I).
A unit which shoots from a hill on an enemy unit that is not on a hill, can fire with 2 ranks.
At least, that's what I think to have read somewhere in the WHFB rulebook.
Chaos does not need explaining! guess what? Chaos cannot be explained!Originally Posted by BobaHat