Monster Mounts and Challenges - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Monster Mounts and Challenges

Okay, so I can't locate a satisfactory answer for this. Suppose my WE highborn is riding a dragon and issues a challenge to whomever, let's say an Oldblood in a unit of 20 Saurus.

They initiate the challenge. Now what about the dragon? First, can it direct its attacks against the Oldblood, and in turn, be attacked by the Oldblood? Second, can (or must) the dragon direct its attacks against the unit, and in turn, be attacked by the unit?

I ask this because I saw someone play a challenge out this way, and it was a GW staffer. But you know what that means. He might or might not be right. To be fair, he admitted his knowledge of 40K rules is much sharper than fantasy, but on this challenge point, he was adamant that he was correct.

Any ideas out there? Am I overlooking an obvious answer? It seems to me that the mount would be involved in the challenge. To imagine its rider duking it out with a challenger while it attacks elsewhere makes no sense to me.

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Mounts fight in the challenge alongside the rider. They may not attack or be attacked by the unit.

See the last paragraph of "Fighting a Challenge" pg 99. As they are fighting in the challenge, by definition they are a part of it
    Last edited by Rork; December 27th, 2005 at 12:19.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread