March blocking - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: March blocking

Wayward, Texas
    2 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

March blocking

Okay, I have a rules dispute with some other WE players. Can waywatchers, with their ability to deploy like chameleons closer than the normal scouting unit, march block on the first turn. By my reading of the GW chronicles I say that you can't. But I've met others who say that WWs are an exception. What do you guys think?

There is also the added restriction that Scouts must be 10" or more from the enemy. This means that if you deploy your army so that potential hiding places for Scouts (inside a wood for example) are within 10" of a unit, you can narrow down their potential deployment areas. This 10" restriction exists to make sure that Scouts can't stop the enemy marching on the first turn – Scouts and skirmishers are supposed to be a thorn in the side, but a restriction to marching right from the start would cross the line into frustration rather than being tactical and entertaining.

2. Remove Advertisements

Denmark (DK)
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

43 (x2)

I think they can, as if you get the first turn, you might make a flyer (20") positioned JUST outside a flank units view, but still march block...:wacko:
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

If waywatchers are deployed closer than 10", they must be out of LoS to the enemy and deployed in terrain (per the scouts rules in the BR.

So while they potentially can march block on the first turn, it would need some fairly generous terrain cover to do so.
    Last edited by Rork; January 8th, 2006 at 01:31.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread