Marks (Daemonic) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Marks (Daemonic)

I have looked forever more for any description of the Marks of Chaos for daemons.
    Either I have missed something BIG or daemons do not have the mark of there patron god. Why is that? Why would a horror not generate a Power Dice?
    Another question, has ANYBODY found ANYTHING about Daemonic Hordes as borderpatrol? is there like a rule for the daemonic herald, too allow him to be general... If there is not, then there is NO way to make a borderpatrol daemonic horde army...

-lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

No, they don't. They have their own rules associated with them, such as the MR of bloodletters or the spells of horrors.

They do have the mark for the purposes of army selection, however. See pg 55, HoC.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

And note that the Mark of Chaos Undivided on Exalted Daemons and Daemon Princes is absolutely useless, apart from army selection purposes (Daemons do not take Ld tests)
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Either I have missed something BIG or daemons do not have the mark of there patron god. Why is that? Why would a horror not generate a Power Dice?
    Mainly because, as Rork and Teron have started to point out, Daemons inherently have certain powers and abilities that a Mark would give to mortal troops.

For example;
    Bloodletters are already Frenzied and have Magic Resistance,
    Horrors don't generate Power dice because they cast spells rather than contributing power dice for someone else to cast spells,
    Plaguebearers already cause Fear (as do all other daemons, Nurgle or otherwise)
    Daemonettes are, like all other Daemons, already immune to psychology (the same concept also applies to the Undivided mark).

So you see, it is pointless for Daemons to have the same Marks that mortal troops get because Daemons are, in a way, already marked. Plus, as Rork mentioned, Daemons count as having the Mark of their god for the purposes of unit selection.

As for the Daemonic Legion border patrol army, it would probably be a bit of a waste of time, since Daemonic units and characters cost so many points, you'd never be able to put together a decent force.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I understand that... But How would you get enough PD in a daemon army? As Tzeentch...

Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I remember correctly there is a way for a tzeench army to generate power dice, by giving units the mark?, I cant really remember off the top of my head. In any case I don't think I had a problem getting a high amount of power dice when I was playing around with their army list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Yes that is what we are talking about... But the thing is: Daemons can't have marks! It is only for Mortal/Beast

Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Yes that is what we are talking about... But the thing is: Daemons can't have marks! It is only for Mortal/Beast
    Why is that a problem?

Bloodletters get frenzy, daemons are already ItP for Slaanesh/daemonettes, cause fear (likeMoNurgle), with only horrors getting a good difference because their stats are so bad.

So it's not that far from the mark system, but also get some handy benefits on top. So there's no real benefit to giving them marks since they are dedicated to a particular god as it stands.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a Daemon Legion army Horrors can have Champions, who are level 1 wizards. In Border Patrol/Warband battles you can have a Herald as a General.

Although I fail to understand why Daemons of Nurgle don't have Poisoned Attacks.

+ Reply to Thread