Two pursuits in the same Turn - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    2 (x1)

Two pursuits in the same Turn

It's his turn, and he just charged two of my units with two of his (separate battles). He wins one and breaks me, I win the other and break him. We both pursue. If he moves first, he will pursue into the front of my unit, and then I won't be able to pursue (correct?). If I move first, he'll pursue into the flank of my unit.
    I'd prefer that he hits my front, he'd prefer to hit my flank, but I don't know which is correct. Maybe we should arrange the units so that he doesn't pursue into me at all?

2. Remove Advertisements

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    New Zealand
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

Hmm.. that's a tricky one. I can't remember if the book covers that, or if it does- where. If this came up in a tournament I was running and neither player had a reasonable rules reference then I'd base it either on the I value of the victorious units or the margin of victory of the winning units. I'd be aiming for the out come that has both units hitting head-on; I'd base this on the idea that a unit that pursues and hits a new enemy unit counts as charging- this would apply to both your and your opponents units in either instance- and it would make more sense to me if both units hit head-on. the idea of counting as charging when hit in the flank seems wrong to me, and both units have won the right to count as chargers.

Please note that all of the above is my opinion as a tournament ref and may well be entirely compromised by the presence of a rule that I can't remember off the top of my head.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

+ Reply to Thread