In the big book it says that when dispelling if 2 6's are rolled it dispells... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

In the big book it says that when dispelling if 2 6's are rolled it dispells...

no matter the value (like irresistable force) unless, of course, 2 1's are rolled. However in the shortened rules in the back of the book and in the rules on the printout it misses that information. I've also noticed that the shortened rules miss a few minor points, however still important. So, I was wondering if such rules do indeed apply or if there have been corrections made to it or something.

Also, would it be like copyright infringement or something if I were to retype all the rules so that I wouldn't have t constantly look through all the unneccessary words of the big book? Because I want to do as such so I can memorize the rules easier and so that my friends and I will have a better refference guide for games.

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

The main rules are still correct as far as I know, a double six automatically dispels a spell regardless of the casting roll. And I can't see any reason why you can't make your own reference sheets to remind yourself and your friends of the rules, as long as you aren't planning on selling them or something it's okay!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Irresistable goes 2 ways. you cannot try to irresistibly dispel if your opponent irresistibly casted in the first place.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

No, no. The book says that with casting Irresistable Force spells they cannot be dispelled, at all. No roll may be made to dispell them. However, with the double 6's dispell rule it just means if you were to roll 3 dice and landed 2 6's and a 1 on a spell that was cast at 15, it's still dispelled.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

No, it is like a normal casting spell. You still need to get the smae number that it was cast with to dispel but the double six just makes it an auto dispel. I always found this rule a tad confusing. How can you auto dispel if you still need to beat the casting roll? Blame GW.

KU

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard
    You still need to get the smae number that it was cast with to dispel but the double six just makes it an auto dispel. I always found this rule a tad confusing. How can you auto dispel if you still need to beat the casting roll?
    Well how can you indeed. :huh: I'm pretty sure you're wrong there KU, the rules state that "If a player rolls two or more 6's when dispelling a spell, the dispel succeeds automatically". It does not say that you have to get equal to or higher than the casting roll and get two or more 6's to achieve an automatic dispel. If that was the case, what would be the point of having automatic dispels in the first place?! :blink:

I would imagine the same thing would apply to casting a spell with irresistible force. If a spell had a casting value of say 15, the player rolled 3 dice and scored 6, 6 and 2 (a total of 14), then the spell would still succeed because an irresistible force occurred (even though the casting roll wasn't reached).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Yes a double 6 to dispel works even if the total number isn't high enough to dispel it.

I would have thought that irresistable casting would still need to be higher than the casting value anyway, since it has the advantage of not being able to be stopped... But the BRB doesn't say that, it merely says double 6 automatically casts irresistable.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

That's exactly my thinking there Strewart, the rules just say a double six means the spell is automatically cast and no dispel can be attempted. Because there's no FAQ for this, it seems there's no choice here but to be anally retentive and apply the exact letter of the rules. Man, I hate having to be anally retentive about rules, sucks the fun out of the game...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Actually, now that I think about it, are there even any spells with a casting value higher than 12? A double 6 will cast any spell anyway, since it is 12.

I checked the main 8 lores of magic, HE magic, Chaos magic, and VC magic and found nothing with a casting value higher than 12. There could be one or two in obscure lores, but none that I am aware of off the top of my head.. So I guess if thats the case GW didn't feel a need to clarify it.

Of course, there are items that lower your casting value so it would be possible to make a double 6 11 instead of 12. Thats where the irresistable bit comes in though, and allows it to work anyway.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Hmm... This is becoming weird. Even the #6 spells of Lore of Ice, Dark Magic, Dark Emissary Magic are 12's. Hell, even Move the Mountains from Lord Mazdamundi's Geomancy is a 12!
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast