Counter charging a chariot with a chariot? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Counter charging a chariot with a chariot?

I had a situation happen yesterday that caused my opponent and me some confusion, and I was wondering if I could get some clarification.

Here's the situation:

A Tomb King's Tomb Prince riding a chariot charges a Chaos Spawn and kills it on the charge, he then overruns into a nearby unit of Chaos Hounds.

On the Chaos player's turn, a nearby Chaos Chariot charges into the flank of the Tomb Prince in his chariot.

Here's the confusion: Impact hits go 'before anything else' in combat, right? So technically, the order of combat would be:
    1 Impact Hits (whos?)
    2 Chaos Chariot crew and steeds
    3 Tomb Prince and Chariot steeds
    4 Chaos Hounds

We weren't sure who get's impact hits first, and in our case, the impact hits from the Chaos Chariot managed to destroy the Tomb Prince's Chariot. Would the Prince's impact hits still get to be dealt to the Chaos Hounds? We weren't sure, so just did a Die Off, but I wanted to know if there was any official ruling.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you have done something wrong. it was your turn, and you charged the spawn who died. then you overran the hounds. then you should have taken the impact hits from the chariot and the close combat between the hounds, horses and crew. then it was his tuen and then he charges. i dont really know how you did it, but it really sounds wrong.

if anyone helps you with an army list or rules/fluff , then give them some rep

http://s2.bitefight.dk/c.php?uid=19914

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Can't fight more than 1 combat in a turn. After the overrun the combat waits until the next turn.

Well while impact hits say they go before anything else, I still think that a charging model going against them would hit first. I would say to do:

-all chaos chariots attacks
    -all your attacks
    -hounds

However you could just as easily do his impacts, your impacts, then revert to regular charging order.
    The Hierarchy Chaotica: Kinky Sex > Change > Disease > Blood

98% of the population actually believes these stupid statistics. If you're part of the 2% of humanity with a brain, put this in your profile.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I think that fat badger's method seems fine. Attacks are made in the order they charge, so this would make sense.

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with doing both impact hits first (Chaos then Tomb Kings) then go to regular attacks, as impact hits are before combat, as you said.
    ....He is coming for YOU....
    "Master Bungle is right" - Stonehambey
    "Get out of my house Master Bungle!" - Victim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

But the question still remains does the Prince's impact hits still hit even if the chariot happens to be destroyed by the Chaos Chariot's impact hits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    But the question still remains does the Prince's impact hits still hit even if the chariot happens to be destroyed by the Chaos Chariot's impact hits.
    I think that it should go like this:
    Chaos impact hits
    Tomb King impact hits
    Chaos chariot attacks
    Tomb King chariot attacks
    Hounds

IF Tomb King dies from the chaos impact then there should be a die roll to see if the tomb chariot hit the hounds just in time, or if the chaos chariot T-boned it and essentially shunted it out of the way.

ie d6 = 4-6
    Chaos impact hits
    Tomb King impact hits
    Tomb chariot dies/removed

or d6 = 1-3
    Chaos impact hits
    Tomb chariot dies/removed

Since the players turns are supposed to be semi-simultaneous then this seems the most realistic.
    I'm sure there is no "official" ruling on this anywhere. It is just too much of an oddball. Great fun to see though!
    Last edited by nougat; May 16th, 2006 at 01:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is an oddball and will probalbably never, ever come up again. My concern is that if it ever came up again would be who to strike the impact hits againist, eg the TK chariot would have to strike the impact hits againist the chaos guys since it makes no sense that the TK chariot would impact the chaos chariot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MobiusPrime
    A Tomb King's Tomb Prince riding a chariot charges a Chaos Spawn and kills it on the charge, he then overruns into a nearby unit of Chaos Hounds.

On the Chaos player's turn, a nearby Chaos Chariot charges into the flank of the Tomb Prince in his chariot.

Here's the confusion: Impact hits go 'before anything else' in combat, right? So technically, the order of combat would be:
    1 Impact Hits (whos?)
    2 Chaos Chariot crew and steeds
    3 Tomb Prince and Chariot steeds
    4 Chaos Hounds

We weren't sure who get's impact hits first, and in our case, the impact hits from the Chaos Chariot managed to destroy the Tomb Prince's Chariot. Would the Prince's impact hits still get to be dealt to the Chaos Hounds? We weren't sure, so just did a Die Off, but I wanted to know if there was any official ruling.
    I think it'd go like this:
    1) Tomb King chariot does impact hits against hounds and can direct attacks against hounds. (it is the first charger into this combat and thus should go first)
    2) Chaos Chariot does impact hits and attacks (it is second charger and thus should go second...order for multiple chargers has been clearly FAQed; I don't see why impact hits wouldn't follow the same logic).
    3) Poor Chaos Hounds go last if they have anything left.

Of course the tomb kings' impact hits count as it had the first hits and attacks. But so do the chaos chariot's hits. Tally up combat res as normal.

Not trying to sound supercilious, but I don't see any ambiguity. You go in order of chargers, including impact hits.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This situation was cleared up on a GW site - when you have multiple chargers like in this, the question is really "What order does combat take place - or who hit first?" In this situation the chaos player would get first hit on the TK, then the TK hits the hounds [if the TK is still there], then the hounds get to fight [if there are any left]. This does happen quite a lot in big games with lots of units where there can be charges from previous rounds due to breaking, panicing or overrun, and then further charges happen in the next turn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast