Multiple Wound Infliction - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple Wound Infliction

I recently had a discussion with a fellow gamer about how wounds and multiple wound inflicting weapons are affected in fantasy.

If you had a sword that linflicts say d6 wounds per wound caused and the model killed 4 models would you then roll 4 d6's to ditermine how many wounds you inflict for the purposes of combat resolution?

The rules book states that you recive the bonus for wounds caused not models slain....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

multiple wounds are only caused against a single model. if a hero chargesa a unit of 3 kroxigors. the hero inflickts 2 wounds on one of the kroxigors, and then a further 3 for the d6 exstra wounds..

if anyone helps you with an army list or rules/fluff , then give them some rep

http://s2.bitefight.dk/c.php?uid=19914

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

The answer to your question can be found here

It's something like the fourteenth question down. Hope this helps

Ciao

Stonehambey
    Last edited by Sammy the Squib; May 29th, 2006 at 16:04.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about, say, a Tyrant with The Tenderiser (causes D3 Wounds) attacks a unit of Trolls and deals 2 wounds. Would you assume both hit the one troll and so the 2 D3 wounds are wasted on this one troll, or would you assume one his one troll and the other hit the other troll, so you would roll D3 for each (of course assuming that you rolled 3 and killed one, would they carry over). For instance, would dealing 2 wounds to a troll and rolling 3 for the D3 wounds on both only kill this one troll? In order to kill 2 would you have to allocate your attacks before rolling to hit? I don't know if I am making sense, but if you understand me, please help!
    ....He is coming for YOU....
    "Master Bungle is right" - Stonehambey
    "Get out of my house Master Bungle!" - Victim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks to me that you max the number of wounds caused by one hit by the number of wounds the model has, then add up the total wounds caused by each of your hits and remove models appropriately. It's in the online Warhammer Errata for the rulebook in the cc section.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/errata/3/

That's how i understood it anyway.

Bouncy, bouncy, fun fun fun

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Stonehambey has the correct FAQ for this, but just to reiterate, here's another, slightly fictitious example...

We have a Gorilla Lord with the Blade of The Rabid Chimp, which does D6 wounds per hit. He faces a unit of 3 Crocodile Spawn, who have 3 wounds each. Our Gorilla Lord rolls his attacks as normal and scores two hits. Then he rolls to wound and both of his hits wound successfully (Croc Spawn have no save). Now he rolls two D6, one for each wounding hit, to see how many wounds his hits have caused. He scores a 2 and a 5.

Now because the Croc Spawn only have 3 wounds each, the maximum wounds that the Blade of The Rabid Chimp can cause is 3. So his effective wound rolls are actually a 2 and a 3. Now we add together the wounds that the blade has caused, which is 5, and remove whole models where possible. So at the end of this, one Croc Spawn is removed, one is left on 1 wound remaining and the third survives unharmed.

When dealing wounds to units of models that have more than one wound each, whole models are removed and excess wounds are applied to a single model. Wounds are never spread across more than one model, so you will never have more than one injured model in such a unit.

On a side note, our Gorilla Lord would probably have been better off choosing the slightly cheaper Frenzied Gibbon Axe which does D3 wounds per hit, since when fighting the Croc Spawn, his Blade of The Rabid Chimp has been reduced to the same effectiveness anyway!
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

What about in a chalenge and overkill?

Say Character 1 hits and wounds 3 times with a weapon that causes 1D6 wounds. Character 2 only has 3 wounds and no save. How do you work out overkill for combat res in this case?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

When fighting challenges, a multiple wound weapon still cannot deal more wounds than the target character started with. But because characters often have several attacks, he may still cause lots of wounds. For example...

Our Gorilla Lord, having finished off the Croc Spawn, now comes up against a Gator Champion and his unit of Monitor Warriors. Our Gorilla challenges the Gator Champion and he accepts. In the ensuing fight, the Gorilla strikes first because of his higher initiative. He has four attacks, three of which hit, rolling to wound, the Gorilla scores three wounds. The Gator Champion rolls his saves and fails two, so far he has suffered two wounds. Not enough to kill him as he has four wounds to start with.

Now however, the Gorilla Lord rolls his wound dice, they come up 3 and 6. As in the last example, due to the Gator Champion having 4 starting wounds, the actual rolls are amended to 3 and 4. That's seven wounds in total! More than enough to kill the Gator Champion and give a +3 overkill bonus (7 minus the Gator's 4 wounds = +3 overkill)! Perhaps it was worth taking the Blade of the Rabid Chimp after all.

Hope that clears things up.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I think a reasonable way to look at it is the character with the multiple wound weapon essentially can't kill more models than he has attacks. For example, a chaos lord with a hellfire sword has 4 (or maybe 5) attacks and hits a unit - now say he hits and wounds 3 times. He is in effect only actually killing 3 models, although they each take a wound and then take a further d6 wounds in fire damage. If the d6 rolls for additional wounds comes to 12 he does not kill a further 12 single wound models, it essentially means the 3 guys he hit are just really really dead.

And where can I get a Gorilla lord model? Did you have to convert one? And where are the stats for the blade of the rabid chimp? And can he have banana skin armour of toughness?

PS Any reference to primates and their respective equipment is entirely tongue in cheek and off topic, thank you.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    And where can I get a Gorilla lord model? Did you have to convert one? And where are the stats for the blade of the rabid chimp? And can he have banana skin armour of toughness?
    Well, funny you should ask that. Here's my Gorilla Lord,

although I haven't yet had time to paint and glue on his Blade of the Rabid Chimp (I'm thinking of swapping it for the Frenzied Gibbon Axe anyway). He can have the Banana Skin Armour, but you have to upgrade him to a Silverback first, expensive, but worth the points!

(primate references in a Warhammer context are of course purely for satirical purposes!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast