Conflagaration of Doom - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

Conflagaration of Doom

hey all i was wondering about the 5th spell on the lore of fire. This spell recently came up in a game of mine. When my slann cast it on his unit of doom guard, he set them on fire. However the rule states that a roll off is necessary to see if the unit keeps burning or not. could someone please explain the roll off and how the spell is worked out? the way my opponent and i played is that we kept rolling until the unit died or stopped burning all at once. For example when i cast it i got an inital 2 on the d6 roll, killed 2 of his doom guard, then we rolled off to see if they kept burning,i rolled a 5 and my opponent rolled a 4, so i added 5 to the initial 2 hits to bring me to 7 hits, which i wounded4 more doom guard. then we rolled off again, i rolled a 1 and my opponent rolled a 4 so the unti was no longer on fire. This was all in the same magic phase BTW. so i was wondering if i played this right or not. please help

Choose the best answer to fit in the blank:
    _____ney is the root of all evil!

2.An Attor
    3.Dick Che

2. Remove Advertisements

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

You played it right. Conflagration of Doom is effectively a special magic missile - its damage only applies in the phase it is cast.

The roll off continues until your opponent equals or beats your score on the dice. Once that happens the spell has ended.

Most people keep do the roll off before applying any damage (so in this case you'd have rolled the 7 dice at the same time after he beat your dice score), but your way is just as valid.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread