weapons help, please? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weapons help, please?

1. is it true that no mater what I glued onto my glade guards, the only weapon they have is a longbow? so can a guy i glued two swords onto can still shoot?

2. if my noble (Wood Elf Lord with Bow) gets light armour, a great weapon, and a shield.. how does that work? because he doesnt have a weapon thats a sword glued onto him, nor does he have a shield. but i can still make him have those things, right?

thanx so much for the help! :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Lord
    1. is it true that no mater what I glued onto my glade guards, the only weapon they have is a longbow? so can a guy i glued two swords onto can still shoot?
    The majority of the unit should have the right equipment. So if you have a unit of 10 glade guard, 6 should have bows on the models.

2. if my noble (Wood Elf Lord with Bow) gets light armour, a great weapon, and a shield.. how does that work? because he doesnt have a weapon thats a sword glued onto him, nor does he have a shield. but i can still make him have those things, right?
    You will have to convert him to display the shield and great weapon (light armour and such can be assumed to be under any clothes). Character's equipment must be wysiwyg, so you will have to find some way to display these items on the model.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, thanx. one one of my glade guard miniatures has 2 swords. the rest have either just a bow, or a bow and a sword.

will it work if my lord with just a bow has a sword hanging on his belt or on his back? since the great weapon is two handed, what will he do with the bow? hang it on his back?

also, i think its odd that glade guard can have a bow and a sword. you need both hands to shoot a bow. a spear and a hand weapon is normal, but not this. :wacko:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

will it work if my lord with just a bow has a sword hanging on his belt or on his back? since the great weapon is two handed, what will he do with the bow? hang it on his back?
    That's fine. It doesn't matter how you represent the equipment on the character, just as long as it is there.

also, i think its odd that glade guard can have a bow and a sword. you need both hands to shoot a bow. a spear and a hand weapon is normal, but not this. :wacko:
    An archer would have his sword sheathed until he actually needed it. Most likely it would be a fairly compact hand weapon, since they wouldn't want or expect close combat.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork
    An archer would have his sword sheathed until he actually needed it. Most likely it would be a fairly compact hand weapon, since they wouldn't want or expect close combat.
    yeah, thats what i would think, but its just not what it looks like.

thanx for all the help, Rork!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

ok, thanx. one one of my glade guard miniatures has 2 swords. the rest have either just a bow, or a bow and a sword.

If you're talking about the sprue components you're looking at, I think the hand with sword is meant for a champion. At least that's how I used it.

But yeah, Rork is right. They don't all need to be waving swords in the air. Most will have bows.

As for the noble, if you're going to use it in tournament play, then you'll want WYSIWYG. That's why I'm frustrated right now. None of my heroes has a helmet, but I use the helm of the hunt on a noble. I painted the WW noble, which is hooded, so I tell people his helm is under the hood. :rolleyes: Then there's the problem that he doesn't have a great weapon. He's poised with a bow, so I assume the great weapon is sheated but where does he keep it? You don't just tucka great weapon in your belt. :wacko:

So just make your noble look distinct unless you have a definite combo in mind. In that case, go for a true representation.

It sounds like you've just started Wood Elves. I think you'll have fun. The models are cool and paint up well, and the army has a really unique playing style.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WYSIWYG?

yeah i just started wood elves, and i just started warhammer. thanx. ive already finished (painted and all) 30 glade guard and 5 glade riders that i recently purchased. im painting the dryads right now

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

WYSIWYG?
    What you see is what you get.

As for the noble, if you're going to use it in tournament play, then you'll want WYSIWYG. That's why I'm frustrated right now. None of my heroes has a helmet, but I use the helm of the hunt on a noble.
    Magic items do not usually have to be displayed what they are. It could be a shield, cloak or something similar if you wanted it to be. A magic weapon that is listed as an axe, for example, could be a sword if you wanted it to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork
    Magic items do not usually have to be displayed what they are. It could be a shield, cloak or something similar if you wanted it to be. A magic weapon that is listed as an axe, for example, could be a sword if you wanted it to be.
    so.. the spear of twilight can be a sword? but not a bow, i guess? :cry:

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

so.. the spear of twilight can be a sword? but not a bow, i guess? :cry:
    Seriously, don't worry too much about what your models do and do not have on them.

As you're only starting WHFB it's not something that should concern you majorly atm

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast