Pursuit and 1" away - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Pursuit and 1" away

In the rule book, it gives rules for staying 1" away from enemy models with one exception (p12). What came up in a game today was the following... In the below diagram, Y is a unit of dryads, Z is a unit of skaven, and X is a character:

--X-----
    --------
    --------
    --------
    ----YYY
    ----ZZZ
    ----ZZZ

Skaven charge the dryads and win combat, with the dryads subsequently failing their break test and running. Skaven pursue the dryads. The pursuit roll would take them to this position:

--XZZZ-
    ---ZZZ-
    ---ZZZ-
    --------

The pursuit line would have just barely missed the wood elf character (by a fraction of an inch). Would they end there move in that position as the pursuit is similar to a charge move (and bypass the 1" restriction), or would they stop 1" away from the wood elf character like so?

--X----
    ---ZZZ-
    ---ZZZ-
    --------

We couldn't find anything detailing this specific example in the book, so we dice rolled it off. Any page ref's that might deal with this scenario would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The 1" rule says that units not in combat stay 1" away from each other. If the Skaven in your example didn't get into combat then they stop 1" away fromt eh cahracter otherwise they'd break the 1" rule.

So, yes they stop within 1". However, if they moved into Base Contact with him, then the 1"ule is ignored as they're in combat.

archonfarseerguy

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Okay, thanks.. that's what I figured, but we just weren't sure if the pursuit rule counted as a charge to ignore it or not.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    Okay, thanks.. that's what I figured, but we just weren't sure if the pursuit rule counted as a charge to ignore it or not.
    What you did seems fine, I'd just handle it slightly differently. If the character was not hit by the over-running skaven then I'd move the skaven the full move and nudge the character slightly to one side- I find it more reasonable that a single guy (especially a shifty.. er, nimble one, like a wood elf) would move to avoid the unit rather than a bunch of angry rats stopping to avoid him.
    Again- what you did seems fine.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

+ Reply to Thread